Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Watermelon-strawberry! Holy mother of god, the best smoothie in the world

Post workout refuelling is always a challenge for me, since I go straight there after work, which means I get home close to. 8pm. I've been especially indulgent with the cheesy deep-fried snacks and red meat this last couple of weeks, so my system is telling me its time to detox.

Enter the watermelon strawberry smoothie!!


I bought a watermelon a couple of months back, and couldn't finish it all before it turned to crap, so I chopped it up and froze it. Same with my last pack of strawberries. As a single girl, it's difficult to get through that big a portion unless I have a bender. A watermelon bender.

Anyway, here's the goods:

- half a cup (ish) of frozen watermelon chunks
- half a cup (ish) of frozen strawberries
- 1/3 a cup (ish) of plain low fat yogurt (my preference is Liberte brand, but Greek style is fine too, just not that crappy watery junk)
- 1 cup (ish) of Sunripe watermelon strawberry juice

Blend to a liquid consistency. Consume, and moan in ecstasy. I feel instantly redeemed for the cheeseburger I had for lunch!

You know, smoothies will be the thing I miss most after the zombie apocalypse.

By the way, I DO NOT. Recommend watermelon smoothies, or blended drinks in general, using unfrozen watermelon. It's hard to believe it could be so different.


2 comments:

  1. I am definitely going to try this. I haven't noticed strawberry watermelon juice on the shelves, but I'll find something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might be only available in Canada. But you live so close, you could come pick some up! I suspect a straight strawberry juice would be tolerable too though.

      Delete