Saturday, April 26, 2014

Caramel coffee martini

Well what a surprise this little experiment was! The inspiration for this recipe came to me while I was in the liquor store, looking all bewildered and amazed at the enormous array of flavored vodkas! So much to choose from! I stumbled across the salted caramel, and that was it, I just knew.

My friend Brad came over to test recipes with me, and the first one was so good we didn't try anything else all night. Just lots and lots of the same one. The amazing thing is, I have no hangover today!

Anyway...


Fill your martini jigger half full with ice, and in it, place the following:

 - 4 parts Stoli "Salted Caramel" vodka (oh my lord, sooo good)
 - 1 part Kahlua
 - 3 parts half and half

Shake, pour. Makes enough for two large-ish martinis, or three normal size ones. My pitiful little martini glasses are so small that I got four out of it.

I sprinkled on some ground rock salt, and some grated dark chocolate shavings, which were delicious, but I think too messy and way too much work for what they contributed overall. Another idea might be to melt some chocolate and dip the rims in it, and chill the glasses to set it, but holy cow does that ever sound like too much work.


The awesome part of the shavings was that when the martini was finished, the residual shavings looked just like a glass full of ants! Mmmmm!


If you were feeling really decadent, you could top this with some whipped cream, but that's a little too much fat for my liking. I'm trying to reduce the muffin top before my summer vacation. Really, martinis are not the best way to do that.

The next Salted Caramel recipe to test is going to be something with root beer or Dr. Pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment