Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Electoral High


I went to clean up my drafts folder, and found this post I'd started nearly seven years ago. 
It seems so poignantly relevant this week, given the recent US election. 

http://dopamineproject.org/2012/06/chimpanzees-and-congressional-republicans-the-power-of-inferiority/#comment-2085

Also, this website is one of my all-time favourites, I highly recommend you read basically everything they've ever posted. 

What's interesting to me especially is that in the aftermath of the election, the Democrats on my social media feed and in groups I participating in are experiencing something very different right now from post-election dopamine flow from Biden's victory. What I'm actually seeing en masse might actually be more likened to a sudden quieting of the dopamine overload that we've all experienced for the last several years.  

No comments:

Post a Comment