Saturday, March 29, 2014

Where I've been at




Site of future garden
So I haven't been posting much (at all) these last couple of years because I started working in a small town in eastern BC on a hydro project, and while I was here I bought and renovated a former crack house. 
Anyway, this is the 'before' picture package.
 











Compelling me to cook every day
Yes, believe it or not, in the small and beautiful eastern BC town of Trail, you can buy a house (a horrible house) for $50,000. Not everything you hear about BC's real estate market is true. However, with Trail, you have to be prepared to accept a gigantic smelter operation as part of the package. And the house had been vacant so long that the crackheads had stopped coming around. Worth every penny of that $50k, as far as I'm concerned. See photo of smelter from my porch in the 'after' shots in the next post.
This kitchen was quite possibly the worst I'd ever seen.  And I absolutely adored the pepto-bismol pink tiles in the bathroom. They were actually made of plastic, which made it sooo much easier to demo.

Makes me want to poop, these tiles
Through the course of it all, I amassed an amazing collection of tools, and quite a lot of know-how in using them too. Not just a pretty face, here, folks. 


   


No comments:

Post a Comment